Redemption (from Dictionary.com):
- an act of redeeming or the state of being redeemed.
- deliverance; rescue.
You see, I feel a bit better...I made banana bread and it turned out...and it didn't look too bad either. I feel I have redeemed myself somewhat. We had almost a half-dozen nearly brown banana's and what better way to use them up than throwing together a loaf of aromatic banana bread? I adapted the recipe from allrecipes.com: Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
I can't wait to get a new digital camera and a flash so I can start taking really good pictures of my food as well! But, my bread turned out very well, tasted good, and was a hit with the entire family. Finally, a bit of redemption...at least until next time!