CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 3, 2008

My TWD Rugelach

Okay, besides biscotti, I was most excited to try this recipe!  Why?  Well because my husband is a self proclaimed chocaholic and nearly everything I bake will include some form of chocolate.  Needless to say, Rugelach would have been very low on my baking list had it not been for TWD.

I had to read other people's comments and got some fabulous suggestions, so I made two batches, with two different flavors.

Batch #1 consisted of strawberry jam (all I had on hand), chocolate chips and pecans.

Batch #2 consisted of Nutella, dried cranberries and pecans.

Impressions: Batch #2 with the Nutella was excellent.  I'd want to try it with dried cherries and almonds next time.  My oldest daughter preferred batch #1.  I really enjoyed them and would like to try them again with apricot jam, golden raisins and almonds. 

They were easy to make and we'll definitely be making them again, they were super easy!!

THE DOUGH:

DSC01092

BATCH #2 - I cut first and then spread on the filling.

DSC01095

 

BEFORE THEY WENT INTO THE OVEN:

DSC01093

MY FINAL PRODUCT - NOT SO BAD...APPEARANCE IS BETTER HERE!!

DSC01100

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nutella! That's absolutely brilliant. I must try it immediately.

chocolatechic said...

Wonderful.

Yours look great.

Flourchild said...

Yours look very tasty. I loved this recipe!

marae said...

great job on cutting them THEN filling... i think that minimizes the seepage of jam and goodies onto the cookie sheet. looks great!

Pamela said...

They look great! I've seen a number of rugelach filled with Nutella. I really need to get some so I can give it a try, too!

Unknown said...

Great job!! Looks yummy!!

Melissa said...

Yours looks great! Smart idea to cut the dough before adding the fillings - wish I would have done that. Welcome to TWD!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Welcome to TWD! Glad you liked these. I like the Nutella idea!